Tuesday 23 December 2008

UK Swap - Warming Your Neck

What is your favourite neck warming pattern?
Do you have a favourite FO?
Is there a style of neck warmer you particularly like?


Hmm... favourite way of warming my neck.

There is no doubt about it, you cannot beat a lovely scarf for banishing the shivers on a chilly day. And it is impossible to pin down a favourite one. As long as it is soft and long (I like to wrap scarves around more than once if possible!) Then I am a fan!

I got a copy of Victorian Lace Today recently to conquer my fear of lace knitting and because there is something very cosy about wrapping yourself up in a shawl I reckon. I'm still a bit scared though!! I have the Ice Queen cowl in my queue and the yarn to do it. Just need to pluck up the courage to give it a go!



I've only got one FO on Ravelry which is this Hat and Scarf that I made for my stepson's girlfriend. I have promised to make some scarfs for my girls though and have got some very nice girly wool for that just need to find a nice pattern/some inspiration! They will probably have pom poms or tassels at the ends and I think they will probably be ribbed (keep the shape better when used as tug of war ropes which is bound to happen!)

Also quite like crocheted scarves and have made this one skein scarf a few times for people. I also sometimes make an easy swirly crochet scarf too but can't remember which pattern it was from. It's a row of treble crochet and then 2 in each one on the second row, and 2 in each one again on the third row. It goes all twisty and swirly and looks nice.

No comments: