Thursday 24 March 2011

A Dreaded Sunny Day....

... so I'll meet you at the cemetery gates
Keats and Yeats are on your side
While Wilde is on mine
Some lovely pink blossom
 I've been out walking the dog every morning for the last couple of weeks. It's to help stave off those first thing in the morning cigarette craves, to stop too much weight gain and the dog likes it too.  I've been able to get up at 6am with no problems - despite the broken sleep - must be better quality sleep or something.

Anyway, last week was rather chilly early on - even frosty some morning. Fortunately, I am rather well supplied with a choice of woolly hats, scarves, socks and mittens for just such occasions. This week though things have really changed.  It's been a lot warmer and it truly feels like the seasons have shifted. It has been a long and cold winter and the signs of spring are popping out quick and fast now.

There are lots of lambs and the birds are loud and flirty. There are crocuses, daffodils, forsythia and even some early blossom in the trees.  There is a hint of green in the hedgerows and small trees and buds getting bigger on the larger trees. It's just sooooo exciting. Every day there is something new to spot. I adore spring.

I have even managed to get out for a stroll at lunchtime at work and got some lovely pics from my stroll around the graveyard in Leyland today. I like walking round graveyards. It's probably an 80s goth throwback thing

Cheery yellow forsythia - always the herald of spring
Who doesn't love daffodils.
Yellow is such a spring colour. There's forsythia, daffodils, crocuses, primroses and lots more I'm sure.  Just so bright and cheery.

No comments: