Thursday 12 January 2012

Sunshine came softly through my window today

Oh at last!  A break from this incessant gloomy drizzle we've had so much of lately.

Blue sky and fluffy white clouds
Took some pics on my phone so the quality is lacking but I just had to try and capture it as it is all so fleeting.  The sky was blue, there were fluffy white clouds and it seemed as though everyone was out for a stroll at lunchtime to enjoy it - just as I was
A fading vapour trail in a clear blue winter sky
I love the long shadows you get at this time of year.  The sun is still pretty low in the sky even at midday.  I took these photos while out for a stroll at lunchtime in Leyland today.
Long winter shadows
I was in early today and able to leave work at 4 o'clock. What a treat to be driving home in the daylight.  Sunset started happening on my way to pick up the girls from after school knitting club and it was blood red, almost apocalyptic.  Had to try and capture it but sadly my phone just hasn't done justice to the light and pink, red and orange light.  It was fabulous.
Simonstone under a blood red sky

1 comment:

scarletti said...

Beautiful skies - brilliant photos!