Tuesday 8 May 2012

30 Days of Biking

I didn't really post about this - it's been more of a Twitter thing really but I thought I would just post a sort of summing up here as well.

30 days of biking takes place in the month of April and it's a challenge to get you to ride your bike every day for a month.  Luckily two of the weeks were the Easter school holidays so I was off work at the beginning and we had taken our bikes with us to the Lakes.  Easy start.  This will be a piece of pie I thought.

Once back home and back at work though, it was all a bit more of an effort.  Only some truly dreadful wind and torrential rain made me miss a few days.

Was it worth it?  Yes, riding a bike is a really fun thing to do and you rediscover this fairly quickly.  Will I do it again next year.  Oh yes

Here are my stats

Cycled on 27 of the 30 days (just short of 26 hours in total)

Travelled 205 miles on my bike

Burned off 11274 calories

No comments: