Saturday 24 November 2012

Blooming silly season

December is almost upon us and silly season is about to start. So many things packed into the next few weeks to interrupt normal life and activities and induce panic and stress.

The big C is looming, of course, and all the cost and hassle of that is a big deal in these cash short times. It's a time for family and being together which is great when all is well. However, when there are any falling-outs or difficulties then it can make for a lot of heartache, disappointment, and bitterness. We are just going to take it easy, and not worry about the shoulda, woulda, coulda. That path can only lead to madness, and madness is not invited for Christmas dinner in this house!

Lots of concerts and activities are lined up for the girls too. A music centre concert for brass and samba ensemble, school Christmas concert, trip to a pantomime and a Christmas fair. All got to be fitted in with everyday life and routines. It's a bit bonkers for a while and we will all be glad of a rest and a bit of slobbing around come the holidays. Except for himself who will no doubt be out running up and down the local hills at some godforsaken hour in the morning! We girls will most likely still be in our nighties, munching toast and watching Phineas and Ferb.

Been doing the usual Saturday hanging around and errands today but forgot to get some flowers. I realised that there is no use in dropping hints about how nice it is to receive flowers anytime since they are only ever forthcoming on birthdays or other special occasions. I just have to buy them myself. I look forward to picking out something lovely to look at for the next week or so. A bit of colour to brighten up drab winter mornings when I am eating my breakfast. Only I forgot today because I got sidetracked by buying cards. Doh!  Last weeks roses are just about hanging on but are looking a bit faded now. I might get another couple of days out of them and then I'll be bloomless until the weekend. But it is my birthday this week so maybe I'll be gifted some....
Pink roses looking more like Miss Haversham than Estelle at the moment

No comments: