Monday 19 November 2012

Rip it up and start again

A perennial problem has happened again. I finished something, stepped back to admire my work and spotted a mistake. Not a massive mistake but a mistake none the less.  The more I looked at it, the more it mocked me with it's ever so slight wrongness until I couldn't bear it any longer.... And ripped back.

This is something that totally baffles anyone who is not a knitter I think.  The mistake was imperceptible to most mere mortals but the cable was wrong, wrong, wrong and the more I looked at it the more it annoyed me with its brash mistakenness.  It had to go.

So here I am reknitting it and making sure that I mark off each and every row so that it will form correctly.  Now that the decision has been made and I have restarted, calm and peace has been restored. I am once more zen like and mistress of my knitting. The universe is unfolding as it should and all is well.

No comments: