Sunday 24 February 2013

Crochet Cushions

I bought a "Lucy" pack of Stylecraft DK a while back and was intending to make a ripple blanket with it. However, it just didn't progress much and has lingered forlornly in a basket for quite a long time so it was time to do something about it. I ripped it all back, cursing my weaving in.  Can anyone tell me why on earth weaving in will persist in poking out when you don't want it to but is almost impossible to unravel when you don't like the piece anymore. It is one of life's great mysteries isn't it.

Anyway, I wasn't feeling in a blanket mood so decided on cushions instead.  That way I can have it all. Granny squares, patchwork squares and ripples. In fact, anything I feel the urge to crochet.  So here you have the first two cushions. Fraternal rather than identical just as I like it!

Jolly cushons
Patchwork granny squares
Giant granny square