Tuesday 18 February 2014

WIPs

Few things on the go at the moment


1. Never ending socks.  These purple socks have been lurking in my handbag for ages. They were intended to be a birthday pressie for a work pal but that has long gone by and so the sense of urgency has gone too.... naughty knitter. I need to pull my socks up (did you see what I did there?)
Never ending socks

2. Sweater for Big Girl. Now this is progressing nicely. I'm using a new yarn by King Cole called popsicle which is slubby and bumpy looking. 
Sweater WiP
I really liked the look of it and even went with the colour way on the pattern.  It's for Big Girl but I think Little Girl has her eyes on it too on account of the pinkness.

2. Baby Blanket. Another impulse project. Saw this knitted up at Sheila's Woolshop and thought it was gorgeous. As it happens a work colleague is expecting and the baby flavour is unknown so I thought this pattern in a stylish silver would be great whatever gender the baby turns out to be. It's instructions only, no chart, so there is a heck of a lot of counting which makes this a bit trickier than I thought. I have to take my time and pay attention to avoid mistakes. Really must learn how to count!
Baby Blanket in progress
Close up of pattern


No comments: